Advanced Safety Systems Australia Pty Ltd ACN 096 796 137 (ASSA) recognises the importance of privacy, and we take your privacy and compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) very seriously.
If you are an employee of an ASSA client, please refer to the section headed ‘Employee Information’ below.
WHEN WE COLLECT INFORMATION
The types of information ASSA collects will depend on the nature of your dealings with ASSA or the external law firms or providers to. We only collect personal information if it is reasonably necessary for one or more of ASSA’s functions or offerings provided to you. ASSA will generally collect personal information about you when you:
- Provide us with your personal information such as when you:
- Use our online booking service to book a meeting with a third party external solicitor;
- Use our online booking service to book a meeting with ASSA employees;
- You subscribe to our newsletter/mailing list through our Website;
- You register for a seminar or other event;
- You subscribe to a subscription service offered by ASSA;
- You engage with us via our social media accounts;
- Apply for employment with ASSA; and
- Engage in business dealings with ASSA.
- Indirectly through the Website, such as when you:
- Complete a quiz or questionnaire on our Website;
- Access documents and information from the Website.
- When you engage with one of the external law firms or providers (only where you have subscribed to a package specifically including the employment law advisory package.
- Provide personal information through a webform on the Website;
By ‘personal information’, we mean information about an individual which includes their name, email, address, telephone number, residential or business address, bank account details, payment information, and job descriptions and so on. You are not required to provide us with personal information however we may be unable to deliver our services to you without being provided with personal information.
INDIRECT COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
When you browse the Website, we track information about your use of the Website. This includes dates and times you accessed the Website, the IP address from which you accessed the Website, the kind of device you used, the web pages you accessed and documents and information you downloaded.
This information is collected and used by us to understand how our Website is being used so we can make available the best and most relevant services and information.
To allow us to collect this information, the Website, online services, quizzes and emails we use and send may contain cookies. The cookies allow us to provide continuity of access to our services and to collect and track which pages and information users are accessing so we can continuously improve our offerings and to ensure our marketing is more targeted with regards to topics and information.
We also use the following third-party service providers:
- Software/Apps quizzes on the Website, which provides us with the results of quizzes and delivers that information to our customer relationship management database provider, ZOHO;
- Google Analytics, which provides us with information about traffic on our Website.
Non-identifiable data is collected by these third-party service providers which means we will not be able to identify individual users or know your IP address belongs to you specifically.
MONITORING OF TELEPHONE CALLS
When ASSA receives or makes phone calls with you, the calls are recorded for security, record keeping, training and quality assurance purposes. These recordings are retained in accordance with our retention periods identified below.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
ASSA may use personal information collected to:
- communicate with you about products, services or information that we consider to be significant or useful to you or your business.
- market to you to inform you about our offerings or offerings from specific third parties that we may partner with from time-to-time.
- improve our service and product offerings and the Website.
- manage our systems administration and any subscription you have with ASSA; • comply with our policies and procedures.
- consider your suitability for employment with ASSA.
If you do not wish to receive information with respect to our products, services or information, then you may opt out by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org advising that you wish to opt-out of our direct marketing service.
DISCLOSURE TO EXTERNAL PARTIES
ASSA may disclose your personal information and information collected indirectly (such as via the quizzes on the Website) to entities outside of ASSA as follows:
- If you complete a quiz on the Website, we will collect the results. This is done so we can create more relevant and targeted seminars and informational materials to address particular concerns identified from the answers given in the quizzes. We want to ensure you get the most out of your subscriptions.
- To consultants we may engage from time-to-time to perform marketing services to ASSA.
- To regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, the courts or tribunals of Australia (Federal and State and Territories) where it is necessary to comply with the laws, court or tribunal orders or directives.
- To third party payment processors and service providers, such as Stripe.
- To ZOHO (our customer relationship management database provider).
It is important that you know and understand that ASSA is not in the business of providing legal advice. You should seek advice via external law firms.
Other then as set out above, ASSA will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose without your consent or where such disclosure is required under the Act and/or the APPs or at law.
If ASSA does engage an external service provider, then ASSA will take reasonable steps to ensure those external service providers comply with their obligations under the Act and the APPs when handling, using or storing your personal information.
HOW WE RETAIN AND STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
ASSA will keep your personal information for the duration of any ongoing business relationship we have with you and where that information is necessary for us to provide ongoing services to you or to comply with applicable legal or record keeping requirements.
Following the period for record keeping required by law, we will delete or anonymise your personal information.
At all possible times, ASSA has ensured (and will continue to ensure) that it, and its service providers, store your personal information securely and, where possible, within Australia. However, some of our service providers, contractors or agents may receive or store your information at overseas locations. Where we transfer any of your personal information outside of Australia, we will send them through the use of a number of measures to ensure those transfers are secure and your information is protected.
We will store your information in physical form and/or electronically. We use firewalls and secure databases with password protection for all our systems to keep your personal information safe and secure where the information is stored electronically. However, ASSA cannot and does not guarantee the security of personal information. That is because the internet and electronic communications are prone to attacks by cyber criminals, and they are therefore not secure. Please keep this in mind when sending us emails or communicating with us via electronic means as this will all occur at your own risk.
LINKS TO EXTERNAL PARTY WEBSITES
The Website and Membership site may contain links to third party websites and materials. ASSA does not accept any responsibility for the privacy practices of those third-party sites, and you should always read the privacy policies for such sites to understand what information they gather from your use of their websites.
In providing services to you, ASSA may collect information about individuals employed (employees) by you (the employer and subscriber to ASSA services). That information may include:
- Name, address and contact details;
- date of birth;
- job title;
- (where applicable) immigration status details;
- terms and conditions of employment including employee benefits; and
- information relating to employment (i.e., absentee records, development records, annual and personal/carer’s leave entitlement, disciplinary and grievance matters).
- Sensitive information (such as information about the health and ethnicity of the employee).
The information will be used for the provision of services by ASSA or a third-party external law firm (where applicable to your specific subscription level with ASSA). The information will otherwise not be disclosed to any third party without consent of the Employee unless it is necessary to comply with the laws, court or tribunal orders or directives.
ACCESS AND AMENDMENT REQUESTS
You have several rights under the Act, including a right to access and request correction or updating of your personal information. If you wish to obtain access to, amend or update, any personal information that ASSA collects about you, you may do so by contacting the following officer:
Privacy Information Officer
1300 131 014
ASSA will respond to such requests within a reasonable timeframe in accordance with the APPs. We may:
- seek payment of a fee where a request for a copy of the personal information is requested
- request verification of identity from the person requesting access to the personal information;
- refuse to provide the personal information if we are not satisfied of authority of the person requesting the personal information or for any other reason provided for in the APPs
Any complaint about the use, storage or management of your personal information can be made to ASSAs Privacy Information Officer. You should provide details of your complaint so we can understand the complaint and, where possible, provide documents relevant to the complaint.
Within 2 days, you will receive confirmation of receipt of the complaint and the complaint will then be investigated. You will be notified of the outcome of the investigation into your complaint within a reasonable timeframe in accordance with the APPs.
If you remain unsatisfied with the outcome, you may seek a review by the Privacy Commissioner at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (see http://www.oaic.gov.au/ for further information).
How to Contact us
Privacy Information Officer
1300 131 014